The unique matcha sifter, called furui in Japanese, enacts the critical job of removing lumps from the matcha powder. Sifted matcha produces a better foam layer when whisked.
1. Place the Matcha Fine Sifter over a ceremonial matcha bowl
2. Add 1/2 to 1 tsp (or 2 bamboo scoops) into the sifter or a ceremonial matcha bowl.
3. Use the bamboo scoop to gently sift the matcha into the bowl.
4. Add 3.5 oz. of 160˚ water. Matcha was originally a medicinal drink. So 3.5oz is about 3 1/2 sips.
5. Whisk rapidly in "M" or "W" shapes until frothy.
6. Make this moment mindful as you enjoy the "Mother of All Green Teas"!
Material: Stainless Steel
Size: 2.5" Length
About Matcha Tea - Matcha is a high quality, finely milled Japanese green tea powder, sometimes referred to as "the mother of all green tea." Consumed today for ritual, health benefits, caffeine, or simply flavor, Matcha's invigorating effects have reached all areas of the globe. Matcha is derived from green Japanese tea leaves that have been shade grown for about 3 weeks before harvesting to slow growth and increase amino acids. High quality organic matcha has the perfect balance of natural sweetness with savory (derived from the amino acid, L-theanine) and slight astringency due to the presence of natural tea Catechins. Matcha drinkers receive the full nutritional benefits by drinking the whole tea leaf. The health benefits of Matcha exceed those of regular green tea with elevated levels of antioxidants and L-theanine, which promotes the production of alpha waves in the brain to give you a calming energy boost.