Every detail of the matcha preparation process is momentous for its impact on the end result. Two scoops with the Chashaku Bamboo Tea Spoon serve the appropriate amount of matcha to prepare a ceremonial matcha bowl.
1. If you have a Matcha Fine Sifter (sold separately) rest the sifter over the matcha bowl
2. Add 2 bamboo scoops into the sifter or a ceremonial matcha bowl.
3. Use the bamboo scoop to gently sift the matcha into the bowl.
4. Add 3.5 oz. of 160˚ water. Matcha was originally a medicinal drink. So 3.5oz is about 3 1/2 sips.
5. Whisk rapidly in "M" or "W" shapes until frothy.
6. Make this moment mindful as you enjoy the "Mother of All Green Teas"!
Size: 4"H, 2.5" Diameter of tines
Color: Natural bamboo
About Matcha Tea - Matcha is a high quality, finely milled Japanese green tea powder, sometimes referred to as "the mother of all green tea." Consumed today for ritual, health benefits, caffeine, or simply flavor, Matcha's invigorating effects have reached all areas of the globe. Matcha is derived from green Japanese tea leaves that have been shade grown for about 3 weeks before harvesting to slow growth and increase amino acids. High quality organic matcha has the perfect balance of natural sweetness with savory (derived from the amino acid, L-theanine) and slight astringency due to the presence of natural tea Catechins. Matcha drinkers receive the full nutritional benefits by drinking the whole tea leaf. The health benefits of Matcha exceed those of regular green tea with elevated levels of antioxidants and L-theanine, which promotes the production of alpha waves in the brain to give you a calming energy boost.