The saucer, brewing cup, infuser, lid, and two tasting cups of the Ceramic Gaiwow! Gaiwan work together to steep your favorite loose-leaf tea, while displaying an inverted geometric design. The three parts of the gaiwan are held in one hand to pour the liquid into one of the tasting cups while the leaves remain in the gaiwan. The lid can also be used to stir the leaves before and after the steeping process to stimulate taste and aroma. See instructions below.
1. Put the infuser in the gaiwan bowl.
2. Put one teaspoon of dry loose-leaf tea leaves in the bowl of the gaiwan.
3. Rinse the bowl and tea leaves with hot water for ten seconds, enclosing with the lid.
4. Hold the bottom of the bowl and the top knob of the lid (holding all three parts of the gaiwan), sliding the lid back so as to release the water as you pour.
5. Fill the bowl with water and allow the tea to brew (refer to Happy Lucky's brewing instructions).
6. Again, hold the bottom of the bowl and the top knob of the lid (holding all three parts of the gaiwan), sliding the lid back so as to release the tea as you pour it into a cup.
Size: Total Height: 3.5", Total" Diameter: 3.8"
Volume: 2 oz.